Position: Surgery Advanced Scheduler
All KHI employees are expected to perform their respective tasks and duties in such a way that supports KHI’s
vision of providing the region’s best clinical care and patient service through an environment that fosters respect
for others and pride in performance
• This position will provide general clerical support to the Surgical Services department which includes
performing the duties of scheduling patient procedures, communicating effectively with Physician
Services offices, Operating Room leadership, staff, and surgeons, and keeping appropriate parties
abreast to potential issues/concerns regarding scheduling.
• Reviews OR schedule daily and weekly to locate and communicate open block time with the clinic
• Responsible for inquiring about potential physician release block time due to surgeon’s revised
• Utilizes discretion in assessing urgency and priority of staff and provider requests based on the block
• Handles and resolves issues professionally, independently, and follows chain of command
Experience: One (1) year of Medical/Surgical scheduling work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and apply theory to practice skills.
• Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, RIS/PACS, Electronic Medical Record