Diagnoses and treats psychiatric conditions using a variety of modalities to provide treatment including psychotherapy and medication.
• Part of a psychiatric program supporting medical inpatients and outpatients with comorbid psychiatric conditions.
• Psychiatric consultation to include examination, diagnosis, and treatment in a medical hospital setting and in a Mental Health Integration program serving outpatient primary care or specialty clinics. Function as part of a mental health team in these settings.
• May include primary care opioid intervention, Medication Assisted Treatment, and referral when appropriate.
• Professional education and oversight of mental health team members.
• Participate in teaching medical students and Residents in Emergency Medicine and Family Practice.
• Participate in the development/implementation of future psychiatric program expansion.
• Perform professional medical services in the examination, diagnosis, care, and treatment of patients, within the limits of experience and professional training.
• Provide appropriate patient instruction and/or consultation with family or significant other, as needed.
• Record examination and diagnosis and treatment notes that meet record documentation requirements. Provide clearly written orders, and be available to nursing staff for direction, support, and clarification of the medical plan of care.
• For those patients whose medical needs are beyond KHI scope of services, make patient referrals to appropriate specialty services, such as diagnostic services, social services, and consultative services, as arranged in protocols; consult with clinic manager regarding available specialty services.
• Attend Medical Staff Meetings as designated.
• Comply with all regulatory, organizational, and departmental statutes, policies, and procedures.
• Review and revise policies, procedures and protocols as requested to ensure medical appropriateness and regulatory compliance.
• Will work in collaboration with referring providers and other specialists to promote optimal multi-specialty care and service continuity.
Licensure: Current license to practice medicine in the State of Arizona