Position: Case Manager
Hours/Shift: On Call / As Needed; varied 8 hour shifts
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing or Bachelor’s Degree in related health/behavioral/social science field
- RNs must be licensed and currently registered as an RN in the state of Arizona
- American Heart Association BLS
- Must have at least one year acute care setting experience or three years sub-acute experience
- Collaborates with Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, and other hospital departments as necessary, to facilitate the improvement in the quality of care and/or the efficiency with which hospital services are utilized.
- Ensures the active involvement of the patient and or family in the evaluation process and provides assistance with planning and arranging post hospital services.
- The Case Manager identifies appropriate community resources for each assigned patient and works collaboratively with patients, families, multidisciplinary team members and community agencies to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Ensures initial implementation of the discharge plan and appropriate education regarding discharge plan to patient and family to facilitate a safe transition of care from the hospital to home or another facility
- RN Case Managers may perform Utilization Review (UR) to determine medical necessity for admission, continued stay, appropriate utilization of resources and level of care determination based upon MCG criteria.
- Communicates medical necessity information with the requesting Payers, as per KHI policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Discharge Care Coordinator, determines whether required post discharge services are covered by the patient’s payer and informs patient of coverage determinations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of patient assessments, continuing reassessments and discharge plans.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement for full time employees
- 403b with matching contributions and Sick Time available to all employees
- On-site Wellness Center with fitness classes, personal training, indoor pool, racquetball and basketball courts
- On-site day care exclusive to KRMC employees’ children of all ages
- So much more!
Kingman Regional Medical Center is the largest healthcare provider and the only remaining not-for-profit hospital in Mohave County, Arizona. As a 235-bed multi-campus healthcare system, our medical center includes more than 1,900 employees, 270 physicians/allied health professionals, and 150 volunteers. Kingman Regional Medical Center is recognized as an innovator in rural healthcare, a teaching hospital, and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. We provide a full-continuum of highly-technical and specialized medical services to meet the healthcare needs of our community.
For more information about our hospital and community, check out our brochure at: www.azkrmc.com/docs/Email-Recruitment-Brochure.pdf
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore this opportunity with KRMC and apply online today.